Fantastic news! We're looking to expand our team further with another Playground Designer to take on some exciting new projects coming our way. Here's everything you need to know about the job...
This position will suit individuals who have a Graphic Design background. We can provide much of the training required but a creative flair and experience using the software packages below is essential. Living locally is also important due to our location and very little public transport available. Experienced or student leaver can apply. Immediate start available.
Playscheme is a well-established family run business based in Elvington, York. We design, manufacture and install outdoor timber play areas for schools, nurseries and public places. We've transformed spaces all over the country creating custom made play schemes that are imaginative, exhilarating and educational. THE ROLE Using our in-house systems you will produce 3D designs and fully itemised quotations for our sales team in conformance with the European Safety Standard for Playground Equipment and Design Brief. Training provided. Key responsibilities include:
- Designing new products, taking projects from initial marketing brief through to production.
- Drive 3D design in SketchUp or similar packages and produce 2D presentation drawings.
- Producing itemised quotations and estimates
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Develop new products to comply with British standards BS EN 1176.
- Creating installation & technical guides for customers/installers
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
- Have a creative eye with an imagination that can contribute positively in developing playground designs
- Assist the Design Manager by making recommendations and initiate cost reductions without compromising product or design quality.
- Creatively support the Sales and Marketing Department by producing marketing and promotional material and communicate via social media and updating our website.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 3D design (preferably SketchUp or similar packages).
- Knowledge and experience of working with 2D design and presentation packages (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator) with strong visual presentation skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Need to be educated to degree level or have relevant work experience.
- Must have creative flair, the ability to work as part of a team, be able to manage own time and workload and meet deadlines, high attention to detail and must possess a friendly and approachable manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills-able to communicate well both written and verbally
- Strong time management skills- able to meet tender deadlines and cope with varying workloads
- Experience of Public Sector Tenders
- Knowledge of ground works and European Safety Standard for Playground Equipment EN1176 and safety surfacing EN1177
- Experience of onsite surveying and measuring and product testing
- Experience of customer support and client facing roles
- Knowledge of SAGE Quotation/Bill of Materials software (Training will be provided)
Playscheme is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, belief or marital status. Start Date: ASAP We'd also love to see examples of your work (in a PDF format). To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com, or request an application form.