A temporary position has become available in our design team whilst the current post holder takes on extra duties to cover maternity leave of the Design Manager. The post is temporary for 9-months starting in November and we would consider job-share. Some training will be provided.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Using our in-house systems you will produce 3D designs and fully itemised quotations for our sales team in conformance with the European Safety Standard for Playground Equipment.
Other key Responsibilities include:
- Designing new products, taking projects from initial marketing brief through to production.
- Drive 3D design in SketchUp and Fusion 360 or similar packages and produce 2D drawings.
- Develop new products to comply with British Standards BS EN 1176 .
- Creating installation guides for customers/installers.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
- Produce drawings to support customers’ planning applications.
- Have a creative eye with an imagination that can contribute positively in developing playground designs.
- Assist the Design Manger by making recommendations and initiate cost reductions without compromising product or design quality.
- Creatively support the Sales & Marketing Department by producing marketing and promotional material and communicate via social media and updating our website.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 3D design (preferably SketchUp and Fusion 360 or similar packages).
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with 2D design and presentation packages (e.g. Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have creative flair; good communication skills; the ability to work as part of a team; be able to manage own time and workload and meet deadlines; high attention to detail and must possess a friendly and approachable manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full clean Driving Licence.
- Knowledge working with content management software.
- Experience of Public Sector Tenders.
- Knowledge of ground works and European Safety Standards for Playground Equipment EN1176 and Safety Surfacing EN1177
- Experience of onsite surveying, measuring and product testing.
- Educated to degree level or have relevant work experience.